The Your Heart Forecast tools are not suitable for everyone.
This tool has been developed to help you understand your risk of having a heart attack or stroke as you get older.
It is a simplified form of the New Zealand CVD risk assessment guidelines, it is not a fully qualified Risk Assessment tool and does not replace or provide a substitute for a health consultation with a professional health provider. It is NOT appropriate to use this tool if you have any of the following:
- angina (heart pain), a previous heart attack or heart related operations
- stroke or mini-stroke (TIA)
- problems with arteries to your legs
- kidney disease complicating your diabetes
- a genetic lipid disorder
- very high blood pressure (BP 170/100 or over)
- very high cholesterol (total cholesterol or TC/HDL 8 or over)
- if you are pregnant